COVID-19 News Alert
- For the most current campus information view the UMN COVID-19 updates page.
- Most university buildings require a U Card or other secure means of access. Each building will have signs posted giving more information on access and usage guidelines.
515 Delaware Street Se
Minneapolis, MN, 55455
Building Abbrev: MOOST
Building ID: 142
Building Website & Events
Food & Dining
Student, Faculty and Staff Access
- Students, faculty, and staff will need a U Card to enter health sciences buildings, either at one of the three public entrances or at doors with card readers.
- Students are encouraged, but not required, to visibly wear their U Card when in health sciences buildings.
- Faculty and staff are required to wear a visible U Card, U of M Physicians badge, or Fairview badge when in health sciences buildings.
- Public access to the health sciences buildings will be restricted to three staffed entrances from 7 a.m. – 7 p.m. Monday through Friday. These entrances are: the second floor of Moos Tower at Washington, which is wheelchair accessible through the Washington Avenue Parking Ramp tunnel, the second floor of Mayo Building at Church Street, and the third floor of Moos Tower at the Delaware circle, which are both wheelchair accessible.
- On evenings and weekends, the buildings will be closed to the public.
- Patients and non-patient visitors will need to enter the buildings at one of the three public entrances and show their appointment confirmation. At this point, they will not be issued visitor badges.
- All visitors and patients will be required to be on an appointment list and check in when they enter the complex, or be escorted by someone with a U Card.
- Public Safety will be patrolling the health sciences buildings with security personnel. These security staff will prioritize responding to requests for service and checking common problem areas. While on patrol they may request occupants show identification, as is the practice for all locked or limited-access buildings.
Public hours are not in effect due to Covid-19. University buildings require a U Card or other secure means of access.
|Public Hours (Not In Effect Due to Covid-19)|
M: 6:00 AM - 12:00 AM
T: 6:00 AM - 12:00 AM
W: 6:00 AM - 12:00 AM
Th: 6:00 AM - 12:00 AM
F: 6:00 AM - 12:00 AM
S: 6:00 AM - 12:00 AM
Su: 6:00 AM - 12:00 AM
M: 7:00 AM - 7:00 PM
T: 7:00 AM - 7:00 PM
W: 7:00 AM - 7:00 PM
Th: 7:00 AM - 7:00 PM
F: 7:00 AM - 7:00 PM
Building Hours Definitions:
University Hours: Closed to the general public. Open to anyone with a valid UCard.
Public Hours: Public hours are not in effect due to Covid-19. University buildings require a U Card or other secure means of access.