COVID-19 News Alert: Buildings Systemwide Go To Weekend Mode March 17
- All University Libraries are closed. For specific updates on University of Minnesota Libraries go to https://www.lib.umn.edu/
- Beginning Tuesday, March 17, most University buildings systemwide will require a U Card or other secure means of access, consistent with the protocol for each of our campuses. If you need to be on campus, please have with you at all times what you need to gain building access.
- The health sciences buildings on the Twin Cities campus will continue to have public access by appointment only. There will be three staffed entrances from 7 a.m. – 7 p.m. Monday through Friday. These entrances are: the second floor of Moos Tower at Washington, the second floor of Mayo Building at Church Street, and the third floor of Phillips-Wangensteen Building at the Delaware circle.
- Each building will have signs posted giving more information to the University community, the public, and vendors and contractors, should they need access.
- Check with your local campus for access to other healthcare resources in your community.
426 Church Street Se
Minneapolis, MN, 55455
Building Abbrev: CHRC
Building ID: 115
Nearest Public/Visitor Parking
Food & Dining
Student, Faculty and Staff Access
- Students, faculty, and staff will need a U Card to enter health sciences buildings, either at one of the three public entrances or at doors with card readers.
- Students are encouraged, but not required, to visibly wear their U Card when in health sciences buildings.
- Faculty and staff are required to wear a visible U Card, U of M Physicians badge, or Fairview badge when in health sciences buildings.
- Public access to the health sciences buildings will be restricted to three staffed entrances from 7 a.m. – 7 p.m. Monday through Friday. These entrances are: the second floor of Moos Tower at Washington, which is wheelchair accessible through the Washington Avenue Parking Ramp tunnel, the second floor of Mayo Building at Church Street, and the third floor of Moos Tower at the Delaware circle, which are both wheelchair accessible.
- On evenings and weekends, the buildings will be closed to the public.
- Patients and non-patient visitors will need to enter the buildings at one of the three public entrances and show their appointment confirmation. At this point, they will not be issued visitor badges.
- All visitors and patients will be required to be on an appointment list and check in when they enter the complex, or be escorted by someone with a U Card.
- Public Safety will be patrolling the health sciences buildings with security personnel. These security staff will prioritize responding to requests for service and checking common problem areas. While on patrol they may request occupants show identification, as is the practice for all locked or limited-access buildings.
M: 6:00 AM - 12:00 AM
T: 6:00 AM - 12:00 AM
W: 6:00 AM - 12:00 AM
Th: 6:00 AM - 12:00 AM
F: 6:00 AM - 12:00 AM
S: 6:00 AM - 12:00 AM
Su: 6:00 AM - 12:00 AM
M: 7:00 AM - 7:00 PM
T: 7:00 AM - 7:00 PM
W: 7:00 AM - 7:00 PM
Th: 7:00 AM - 7:00 PM
F: 7:00 AM - 7:00 PM
Building Hours Definitions:
University Hours: Closed to the general public. Open to anyone with a valid UCard.
Public Hours: Open to the general public.